Bear Creek Ranch has been serving the Missouri community since 2005. We specialize in grass based genetics in Dorper hair sheep. I am trying to maximize the following characteristics:
- Average Daily Gain (ADG) on 100% grass.
- Yearling Weights on 100% grass.
- Minimum if any physical inputs such as: trimming hooves, vaccinations, assisted births. I want the sheep to work for us and not us for them.
- Disposition. Absolutely no rams are sold for breeding stock or retained no matter how great their numbers are if they show any sign of aggressiveness.
- Multiple births (twins or better)
- Parasite resistance
I want to have fun raising sheep and the best way to have fun is to be profitable. The best way to be profitable is to have minimum inputs e.g., grain being #1 and neither is fussing with the animals like trimming hooves, vaccinations, living in the barn during lambing season, etc...
I believe that the best way for me to be successful is to help you be successful. Give me a call to talk about Dorper Sheep or better yet stop by and have a look at the darlings.
You will find that I publish my data on the site; I’m a scientist by degree and I love data. I make culling and breeding decisions based upon hard data. Yes it takes time and a little extra effort to weigh the darlings and keep good records but I believe it helps me and it can help you.
If you are just getting started or if you have a fairly closed system but only need stud rams give me a look and lets see if I can help.
Browse our Web site for more information about Bear Creek Ranch. If you have any questions or would like to speak with me regarding our stock or genetics, please e-mail me at email@example.com or call me at 417-399-5588.
At Bear Creek Ranch, the customer always comes first.